Donor Registration Assistant
- Purpose: Reception, meet and greet volunteer blood donors. Record accurate information to register donors using a simple computer program (training provided).
- Responsibilities: Greet donors. Maintain a professional, cheerful attitude while registering donors.
- Qualifications: A desire to help, excellent communication skills, ability to record accurate information and provide confident, pleasant direction to donors. Attention to detail. Accuracy essential.
Donor Safety Monitor
- Purpose: Monitor donor safety (training provided).
- Responsibilities: Observe donors for adverse reaction following the donation process while serving refreshments necessary for the replacement of vital body fluids. Alert staff immediately if reaction occurs. Maintain a pleasant and comfortable atmosphere for donors as they prepare to be released.
- Qualifications: A desire to help, excellent communication skills. Dependable, friendly, attentive, enjoy people. Mobility in order to serve refreshments.
Volunteer Bone Marrow Recruiter
- Purpose: Screen applications of those wanting to join the Be The Match Registry℠ at bone marrow recruitment events throughout the region. Training Provided.
- Responsibilities: Volunteer marrow screeners support blood and marrow drives where a significant number of donors are expected to join the registry. These volunteers screen applications and collect swabs from donors. They also play a vital role in educating our community about the need for an ethnically diverse donor registry.
- Qualifications: A desire to help, excellent communication skills, detail-oriented, comfortable talking with people of diverse ethnic backgrounds, maintain a knowledgeable, pleasant and outgoing attitude when educating community about New York Blood Center and joining the Be The Match Registry℠.
Administrative Office Volunteer
- Purpose: Assist with clerical work in various Blood Center departments.
- Responsibilities: Administrative volunteers perform a variety of tasks which can include: filing, stuffing packets with educational materials, data entry, assisting with mailings, all depending on the department. Administrative positions are located at our various offices in New York and New Jersey.
- Qualifications: Detail-oriented individual willing to work as part of a team. Computer skills not required, but can be helpful.
Volunteer Community Educator
- Purpose: Educate potential donors and community groups about the importance of donating blood
- Responsibilities: Volunteer educators conduct presentations at schools and community groups. They can also conduct educational presentations on our mobile education vehicle.
- Qualifications: A desire to help educate current and future blood donors, excellent communication skills, comfortable speaking in front of large groups of people, attention to detail, dependable and friendly.
All positions require the submission of a completed application and specific training. Our volunteer coordinator will work with you to find the most convenient location for you and help you create a flexible schedule to fit in with your needs.