Ways to Give
Blood donations are NYBCe's primary focus because it saves lives! If you are unable to donate, visit our centers, or are indeed an active blood donor and want to support our organization to the next level, you can give a financial gift. Because of you, we can help communities on a local and national scale to achieve a healthier tomorrow for generations to come. To learn more about how your support allows us to be a dynamic and robust organization and how our capbilities far exceed collecting blood, please click and download our 2021 Community Impact Statement.
- Give Online - To make a gift online, please use the secure online giving form below. You can make a one-time gift or set up a recurring gift to ensure your support is renewed monthly or annually.
- Give by Mail
Send your check (made out to New York Blood Center) to:
NEW YORK BLOOD CENTER INC
P.O. BOX 419354
Boston, MA 02241-9354
- Matching Gifts / Volunteer Grants- Employee matching gift programs are corporate giving programs in which your company may match 1-2x your donation to us. Volunteer grant programs are corporate giving programs in which your company may provide monetary donations when you volunteer; Many even provide monetary donations for donating blood as a form of volunteering!
- Search our database or make a contribution to New York Blood Center via the online giving form below and enter your company into the search database
- Follow the instructions on the database to have your donation matched or a volunteer grant provided for your time.
- AmazonSmile – Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of eligible AmazonSmile purchases at smile.amazon.com or through the activated Amazon Shopping App. You can instantly select New York Blood Center, Inc. to be your charity of choice by clicking the tile now.
- Monthly Giving - Monthly Giving is the best way to ensure NYBC has a steady stream of funds helping more patients in need. For as little as $5 a month you can help NYBC save more lives each year.
- Honor Someone Special - A tribute gift is a meaningful way to honor someone special in your life. Honor a birthday, anniversary or special occasion. When making a gift of this type, a letter will be sent to your special person to let them know a gift was made in their honor.
- Remember a Loved One - Pay respect and express sympathy by making a gift in remembrance of someone. When making a memorial gift, you can select a designated person to receive an acknowledgement letter on behalf of your generous gift.
- Workplace Giving - Contact your employer to find out if they participate in a workplace giving program or corporate giving challenges. Encourage your colleagues to choose NYBC as their chosen charity for pre-tax paycheck deductions.
- In-kind donations – Gift-in-Kind donations of all types are appreciated. Tickets to sporting or cultural events, food for the donor café or for special events and other donor incentives are just a few of the ways you can help support our lifesaving mission. Some restrictions apply.
- Sponsorships and Grants – We partner with many leading organizations to advance their philanthropic goals in the community, from hosting blood drives to providing educational programs and scholarships. We also collaborate with foundations to address healthcare issues in our community and have developed expertise in meeting the special needs of cancer patients, sickle cell patients, and newborns with blood disorders.
- Stock Donations & Estate Planning –
There are many benefits to stock giving! By making a gift of appreciated stocks and securities, you are eligible for a charitable contribution deduction on your taxes for the full fair market value of the shares. In transferring appreciated stock to NYBCe, you also avoid the capital gains tax that you would otherwise owe if you sold the stock and made a cash gift.
If the stock is being transferred from a brokerage account, please input the following delivery information:
Title on Account: New York Blood Center Inc.
Account Number: 6LV-04037
DTC Number: 8862
Bank Name: Merrill Lynch Bank
Contact: Stefano Fava
If using this method, prior to making the stock transfer please contact the Office of Philanthropyin order to ensure your gift will be allocated properly to your designation of choice.