Shibo Jiang, MD, PhD
Head, Laboratory of Viral Immunology
Member (HRP), Lindsley F. Kimball Research Institute
The research focus of the Laboratory of Viral Immunology is on the development of antiviral therapeutic agents and vaccines for the treatment and prevention of HIV infection/AIDS and other emerging and remerging infectious diseases caused by severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus (SARS-CoV), Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus (MERS-CoV), and influenza viruses, as well as the blood transfusion-related viruses, including zika virus (ZIKV) and West Nile virus (WNV).
- Lanying Du, PhD, Laboratory Co-Head
- Wanbo Tai, PhD, Research Fellow
- Yaning Gao, M.Sc., Visiting Scientist, PhD Student
- Ron Rowe, BS, Lab Assistant
- NIH R21 AI128311 Du (PI) 12/2016– 11/2018 “A novel nanobody with good druggability to prevent and treat MERS-CoV infection”.
- NIH U01 AI124260 Lustigman/Jiang (co-PIs) 08/2016 – 07/2021 “Enhancing Potency of the MERS Vaccine by a Novel ASP-1+Alum Adjuvant Combination”
- NIH R01 AI137472 Du (PI) 02/2018 – 01/2023 “Rational design and evaluation of novel mRNA vaccines against MERS-CoV”.
- NIH R01 AI139092 Du (PI) 05/2018 – 04/2023 “Structure-based design of coronavirus subunit vaccines”.