Make a Financial Contribution
MAKE A FINANCIAL GIFT TO HELP OUR FIGHT AGAINST COVID-19
Your financial support helps us provide critical healthcare services to our communities during this pandemic, from maintaining an adequate blood supply, to collecting, testing and distributing convalescent plasma to hospitals with the hope that plasma transfusions will help save the lives of COVID-19 patients in critical need. NYBCe seeks financial support to help advance our efforts in CP patient availability, antibody testing, and in the development of a SARS-CoV-2 vaccine which is currently in the preclinical phase. Your contribution could make all the difference. Together we will win this fight.
Other Areas of Need
- + Give to Research
From bench to bedside, NYBC’s Lindsley F. Kimbell Research Institute (LFKRI) has paved the way for a safer blood supply worldwide. Our world renowned researchers take basic science research and translate those findings into new tools to prevent and control disease. Financial contributions ensure New York Blood Center stays on the cutting edge of research, working every day to improve patient care.
- + Give to Programs
Everyday Lifesaving Operations (General Operating)
At New York Blood Center saving lives is in their blood. 365 days a year, 24 hours a day, NYBC is committed to providing a safe and reliable source of blood and blood products to more than twenty million people we serve each year.
Every day, NYBC provides vital patient services that saves and improves lives. Every day, NYBC researchers are challenged to uncover blood science’s most perplexing questions in pursuit of saving and improving even more lives in the future. With this great responsibility and promise, comes a great need.
NYBC’s Medical Services provides state-of-the-art transfusion services and highly specialized direct patient care. Cellular therapy, bone marrow, transfusion services, hemophilia services, clinical research and education are all handled by our professional and medical staff who work closely with partnering hospitals to provide better treatment options and improve patient outcomes.
Little Doctors Program™
Creating blood donors of the future, NYBC’s Little Doctor’s Program teaches students about volunteerism, community service, and the science of blood through the organization of community blood drives.
Education & Scholarships
NYBC is dedicated to supporting and strengthening the community its part of through the provision of world-class training and educational opportunities including awarding scholarships to students who demonstrate leadership in the medical community – NYBC is invested in the people and regions it serves.
How to Give
- Monthly Giving - Monthly Giving is the best way to ensure NYBC has a steady stream of funds helping more patients in need. For as little as $5 a month you can help NYBC save more lives each year.
- Honor Someone Special - A tribute gift is a meaningful way to honor someone special in your life. Honor a birthday, anniversary or special occasion. When making a gift of this type, a letter will be sent to your special person to let them know a gift was made in their honor.
- Remember a Loved One - Pay respect and express sympathy by making a gift in remembrance of someone. When making a memorial gift, you can select a designated person to receive an acknowledgement letter on behalf of your generous gift.
- Workplace Giving - Contact your employer to find out if they participate in a workplace giving program or corporate giving challenges. Encourage your colleagues to choose NYBC as their chosen charity for pre-tax paycheck deductions.
- Matching Gifts - Matching Gift programs are a great way to double your impact. Find out if your employer matches financial contributions or volunteers hours. Send your matching gift form to: New York Blood Center Attn: Development 310 East 67th Street New York, NY 10065.
- Give by Mail
Send your check (made out to New York Blood Center) to:
NEW YORK BLOOD CENTER INC
P.O. BOX 419354
Boston, MA 02241-9354
- Give Online